Thursday, April 24, 2008

Digidesign Interviews at Vibe 56


Scott Velazco is pretty...
...good at what he does.
Some folks from Digidesign dropped by the studio to interview us about our D-Command ICON console. Technically, the D-Command is a tactile work surface, but that sounds a bit pretentious.

The studio's house engineer, Scott Velazco, and I were both interviewed separately. This was definitely the most professional interview I'd ever done. They applied lots of make-up on my bald head because you could see all the camera equipment reflected off of it.

After I stumbled through my interview, Scott sat down, had some make-up applied, and proceeded to relinquish the most eloquent interview ever.


Hopefully, with some editing-wizardry, they'll be able to use the one or two coherent sentences that I spoke. I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing any of the finished product when it'll make it's debut at the upcoming Mix Nashville event taking place here in Nashville on May 20-21. I'm told our interview footage will also be seen on Digidesign's own Digi TV feature.

Vibe 56 was the first studio to install the D-Command console in the Nashville area. Since the D-Command is designed by Digidesign, it works seamlessly with ProTools, and the many different engineers that have worked here can work between the console and the keyboard/mouse, using either to drive a session along at their own comfort level.

Many thanks to Anthony Gordon and his crew for taking the time and energy to get our opinions on film. Hopefully the shine from my head didn't do any permanent damage to their equipment.

To see more photos from the interview click here.

Here's a video of our D-Command in action: