Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Montgomery Gentry Entry


Revival Chorus
...from Montgomery Gentry's newest release.
Last February Blake Chancey was in the studio recording the last bits and pieces for Montgomery Gentry's Back When I Knew It All. Interestingly enough, the stuff that was recorded here ended up becoming the intro to the entire album, which was released today. Gordon Mote played our Hammond organ and did the vocal of the preacher.

Every preacher needs a congregation right? Blake Chancey invited our neighbors from SESAC to come on over and congregate to tape. I even ended up being part of the congregation myself.

My free copy of the album still hasn't shown up at the studio, but I did find this video interview on YouTube featuring the The Big Revival:

[UPDATE]
I just became aware of this video footage that was shot during the recording of the congregation voices. This either makes more or less sense in the context of this post: