Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Landscape Before Time

In the music business, having a "golden ear" is considered a good thing. Unfortunately, there are times when a "green thumb" is also necessary. I don't profess to have either, but what I do have is often referred to as a "sore back".

We've been busy with the landscaping surrounding our studio for the past couple of weeks. I guess it'll always be a work-in-progress, but we've progressed a lot in that time. We've got several new plants and what looks like a small Christmas tree planted below our front porch. If only the neighbor's dog would stop leaving presents around the Christmas tree...


Here's a picture of what things looked like around our front sign before we got started with overhauling our outside vegetation. (Pimp my garden?) At one point I had suggested we purchase concrete statues in the shape of bushes and plants. It turns out those are really expensive. We continue to struggle with a couple of bushes in the front yard that appear to be half-dead. I've been applying what I understand to be plant medication to them, so it's a waiting game to see if they'll pull through. I could always cut-off the dead parts and tell people it's a bush-sculpture of Pac-man, or a pie chart.

The push for the extra shine to our studio is in part motivated by the Songwriter's Festival coming up this weekend. As I mentioned in a previous blog entry, Vibe 56 will be open for anyone interested in checking out our facilities. We'll be here from 10 to 6 on both Saturday and Sunday (17th and 18th), and would love to give you a tour of our (now even more) beautiful studio.


For more information on this year's Songwriter's Festival please visit:
www.songwritersfestival.com

Hope to see you there. I mean here. Whatever.

...and please don't mention the bushes, especially if they are made out of concrete by that time.